We are pleased to inform you that we will be opening our doors again for guests on Thursday, October 15th, 2020, as Exuma opens up. These have been extraordinarily challenging times for everyone, and we want to thank you for your support of Peace & Plenty Resort.
Your health and that of our team members, and community, continues to be our utmost priority and concern. As part of our dedication to continuously improve on our guest experience, and offer a comfortable and safe environment for everyone who visits our property, we have implemented rigorous hygiene and cleaning procedures as per the COVID guidelines of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and the American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA).
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL UPDATE
Important international arrival information required by Bahamas Customs you need to consider before traveling throughout The Bahamas https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening
WHAT WILL YOUR EXPERIENCE BE LIKE?
For your protection, and that of fellow guests, and employees, we ask for your cooperation as we have made the following temporary modifications to our customer service protocols:
– You will be required to wear a face mask in all common interior areas and when walking to and from the room, as well as during any interaction with staff.
– We ask you to practice social distancing by staying 6 feet from other people, space permitting.
– For your protection, and those of our team members, no employee will enter your room during your stay, apart from emergency maintenance. This means there will be no housekeeping service, but towels, linen, and bathroom amenities will be delivered upon request, in a contactless manner, as well as retrieving any trash. Please feel free to speak to our Front Desk staff regarding any special requests.
– Our restaurant will serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with tables spaced out according to social distancing requirements, and bar service will only be for outdoor consumption and service.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our team is committed to providing every guest with the peace of mind to relax and enjoy their time with us. You will be welcomed by a team of individuals that have been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards, and the sensitivity of the current circumstances which we are in.
– All team members are screened for COVID symptoms before their shifts and are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
– Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all team members, based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence to local regulations and guidance. This includes masks, gloves, and goggles.
– Our team is trained on how to respond swiftly in handling guests or associates exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
– Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the lobby.
SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Social and physical distancing is one of the most effective tools used to control and reduce the spread of Coronavirus, and we appreciate your cooperation for the safety of other guests and our staff.
– Seating in all public areas is positioned at least 6 feet apart.
– Directional signage has been installed to maintain one-way traffic in public areas where possible.
– Floor markings indicate 6 feet distancing in the lobby
– We have reduced the capacity of our shuttle boats to Stocking Island for your safety and comfort.
Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at all guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as the lobby, dining areas, beach and pool areas.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our cleaning protocols include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
– High touch areas, such as but not limited to doors, door handles, handrails, furniture in public spaces, signature pads, and credit card readers are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
– Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on the property.
– Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency with locks, toilet seats, sinks, faucets, and doors being disinfected during each service.
– Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure, including the use of hospital-grade disinfectants.
High touch areas, such as, but not limited to door handles, light switches, thermostats, lamps, power outlets, remote controls, and sinks and faucets, are cleaned and sanitized in an enhanced manner.
For our guests’ safety we have removed numerous touchpoints in our guest rooms such as hairdryers and ice buckets. Please ask the Front Desk if you require any of these items.
Peace & Plenty Resort has put in place measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guests are responsible for abiding by any rules or guidelines we have put in place for their protection. Guests understand that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where other people are present.
BY VISITING PEACE & PLENTY RESORT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK RELATED TO EXPOSURE.
Thank you for your continued loyalty, patience and understanding. We wish you and your loved one’s health and wellness, and please know our team looks forward to welcoming you back for an enjoyable time in Exuma now that we are open again.
Peace & Plenty Resort